Sunday, May 5, 2013

Day 3 is done!

I'm so happy that we are three days in. I'm happy because I was told by day three that things start getting better! And they have! The most exciting part is that we can already notice things are a little different! I haven't had a single stomach ache since Thursday and I have always lived with stomach aches. Before the detox I would crawl into bed with a sour tummy most nights. I have also noticed clarity in my mind. I don't feel as bogged down as a I used to. I feel ready to tackle almost anything! Also, when I wake up in the morning I'm actually excited to start my day and have my protein shake. I've found the perfect balance for our shake so that its not too spinachy but we are still getting some green goodness in the morning and it's tasting really yummy. I feel more confident and in control of myself (I'll write about this in another blog post). Scott has noticed that his acne has improved and he's already lost 3 pounds!! Way to go, babe!

So here's a look at our last three days of meals:

Friday lunch - Tabbouleh


Friday dinner (disaster) - Grilled Chicken Ole (you are meant to grill the chicken, not microwave it, the chicken is meant to be laying on sauted spinach and the broccoli is meant to be sauted, not raw)


(by the way, we only have phones for cameras, so I apologize about the quality of the photos!)

Saturday morning we got our shakes tasting delicious, Olivia kept coming back for more!


Saturday lunch we just ate left overs from Friday. The afternoon was tough though!! We were at a coed baby shower so we were both tempted with yummy treats...





But I'm excited to say we stuck with our peanuts, sunflower seeds and water!! It was a baseball themed shower :)


Honest confession: This was probably the first time in 25 years that I was in the same room as sweets but didn't eat any of it!!!! Crazy, huh? There's a reason why self-control is a fruit of the spirit!

On the detox we do have these little healthy candy type things called Fit Chews, chocolate and caramel flavors, that we can have when we are craving something sweet. So after the shower both of us had one :) it hit the spot and we were good to go!

Late afternoon I started preparing our dinner - Grilled veggies and rice (I added black beans on the side to get some more protein). It tasted amazing. I could have eaten the veggies all night long!


That evening, after the girls were in bed and Scott was studying, I went to a good friends house to watch a movie. Now the thing with this friend is that when we watch movies or TV shows together, we don't just watch movies, we eat a WHOLE lot of junk food at the same time. Call it a tradition? perhaps, she's the friend I know I can go to and pig out with (we both have the same addictions to sugar but both right now are eating healthy and getting our lives on a good path. To read her journey to a healthy life click here.) So the evening together was so much different than it normally was. We were both drinking water, she was eating a protein bar and I was sipping on some hot detox tea. By the end of the film both of us were pretty much asleep, well I was :P she was almost there. It'll take a little getting used to not eating junk food while we hang out because it was such a given if we were in the same room! But this is a good change for both of us! and I couldn't be more glad that we are in this together! Having close friends or a spouse on the same eating plan makes life SO much more bearable!

End of day two! Yay!

Which catches me up to today! It's been a great detox day! Our shakes before church were delish, but by the time we got home from church around 12:30pm we were both STARVING. I reheated last nights dinner of grilled veggies and rice and we were satisfied!

I was really excited to prepare dinner because on the menu was Lemony Chicken with peppers and sweet potatoes. A roast...YUM! and you know what? It tasted AHmazing!!!!!!!!!!!! We invited our friends to join us (they'll be starting their detox tomorrow actually) and they loved the meal too.



Felt pretty proud of myself. Second roast I've made in my married life. First roast was during our first week of marriage...HA oh how I misled Scott ;)

And that is that. Bring on day 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment