Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Day 12 Complete!

Sorry that I've been MIA for a few days! I've been choosing bed over writing a post those nights. You all LOVED Scott's post, I joked about turning the blog over to him :P He didn't bite, so you're stuck with me for the remaining 18 days! Maybe he'll do another guest post or two before the time is up!

Time is flying and we're still having fun! The meals have been great and our bodies continue to thank us with clear minds, energy and continued weight loss! Several of you have started asking about this detox and it makes me so excited to watch you want to get on healthy paths along side us! It's so funny how the tables have turned. I used to watch "healthy" friends choose better options than me when around food and I always felt bad for them because of all of the good and yummy things they were missing out on. But WOW I couldn't have been more wrong! I am now excited to choose the healthy option and actually know what's going into my body and how it is nourishing my entire being, not just satisfying a craving!

My eyes have been opened and my life has been changed...in 12 short days! I hope my posts encourage, and excite you to consider choosing the healthy option for yourself and your family (if you have one ;)). Ask me any questions you have, please, I mean that. If I don't have the answer, I'll find it for you.

Here's what we have been eating:

Saturday: Chicken Stir Fry (was meant to be over brown rice, but I forgot and brown rice was going to take too long to cook, so we just put it over already made Quinoa. Man, we LOVE quinoa!!!!)


Sunday: Scott made an awesome Garlic Roasted Chicken for Mothers Day dinner!

                                                                        Before


                                                                               
                                                           After...YUM! Well done babe!


Monday: Turkey Tortillas (we missed the cheese and sour cream but they were ok. I don't recommend gluten free Corn Tortillas, they fall apart if not heated correctly. And the correct way to heat them is way to much drama for me, haha, so I just crumbled gluten free tortilla chips and ate my turkey, lettuce and tomatoes with them instead. Also, we added a little bit of salsa to our meal to give it a little moisture. Sadly this salsa did have a little bit of vinegar in it (my first and only cheat) but all of the other ingredients were pretty much fresh! It helped a lot! (this pic does not include the salsa)


Then finally tonight one of my favorite meals yet: Turkey Chili. It was AHmazing!! This was the very first chili I've ever made and it was perfect. Wouldn't change a thing! Besides putting a slice of avocado on the top next time! The recipe even mentioned to do so but I totally forgot!


We did have salads on the side of most of these meals, just didn't get a photo of it :P But we do put a good bit of spinach in our protein shakes in the morning to help with our green intake for the day ;)

So there you have it, you are all caught up, whether you wanted to be or not! Sorry there are no deep spiritual lessons in this post. I am learning a lot, I'm just not that good putting into words my journey like Scott is. We've been having some great conversations, though, about lessons being learned. We are getting way more out of this detox than we could have ever imagined!!

2 comments:

  1. Fiona,

    There is a brand of corn tortillas that don't have wheat in them (as far as I know!) that are thicker and moister than the average. It's something like Mi Abuelita tortillas, and will look like small flour tortillas. They are great for things like this because they don't fall apart! Coscto may carry them.

    Tamsen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Trader Joe's is coming to Denver... not sure how close they'll be to you. They have tons of gluten free options!

    ReplyDelete