Saturday, May 25, 2013

7 days to go!


I want chocolate. I want chocolate really really badly. We have MILKA bars in our pantry up stairs that I haven't touched this whole time. I'll see them every few days when I'm getting something from near them. I look at them longingly, then shut the door. Chocolate is the only thing I have mentioned every single night that I want to eat. And now if you've never tried Milka Chocolate, then you've never tried chocolate. I didn't used to like Hershey chocolate, but over time since it was the only one I was eating I began to enjoy it a lot. UNTIL I have a Milka again, and then I remember that Hershey chocolate is a far cry from it. We are so spoiled by Scott's parents as they regularly bring back bars for us from Germany. We know we can buy Milka here, but it's so dang expensive for a little block of it! Kinda like Cradbury chocolate. I grew up on Cradbury in Australia and I still LOVE it!!! Especially the Caramel filled Cradbury chocolate...yum!!!!


Ok this is now pure torture! I should change the subject...and quickly!!!!



7 days!!!! YES 7 days left of this detox!!!!! I can hardly believe it! This month has flown by. In my first post I wrote that I wanted to blog daily, but obviously that didn't happen. But I don't regret  not blogging every day. I wanted to still enjoy blogging during this month, not for it to become a hassle, which it hasn't..so success! :)

One unfortunate thing has happened, though, over the past 10 days. Something is upsetting Scott's tummy daily. And we have NO clue what it is. We've tried eliminating different things but the nausea keeps coming back. It'll stay for a couple hours, then leave. Scott keeps wondering if his body is needing something that he used to eat? Like he isn't getting enough of a certain something right now? He says the first 15 days flew by for him, but since the nausea has begun, time has slowed down a lot for him and it's like he's crawling to the finish line :( poor guy, I hope we can figure it out soon! I keep telling him he's pregnant. Sounds like morning sickness to me ;)

We've invited a few different people over for dinner during this detox and it's been so much fun sharing our delicious meals with them! I think they have all been so brave to accept our invitation! If I was invited over to someones house who I knew was on a detox, I'd be afraid they were going to serve me Kale soup (which is a thing, but not something I'm about to make)!

Remember my first meal disaster? Chicken Ole? Well I finally made it again and this time it was just the way it should be!


Seasoned grilled chicken, over sauted spinach, with a scoop of salsa on top with a side of Broccoli :) it tasted as good as it looks :)

There are a few meals I forgot to take photos of, but just believe me that they were yummy too :)

One last thing before I end this, today I made Kale chips (yep, I just became that weird detox woman). A friend told me a bake Kale, that had been tossed in Olive Oil and garlic, on 250 degrees for...well however long it took to make them crispy.


Well I did just that.....and they were gross. So I won't be doing that again! I'm glad I now have an excuse to throw the Kale out....we really weren't enjoying it! Back to spinach in our shakes! Yay!

One more week! We've got this!!!

2 comments:

  1. So sorry Scott's not feeling well! Is he drinking enough water? I wonder if his body is feeling dehydrated? Excited about your last week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are doing awesome, Fiona! Chocolate is the hardest part. Some advice: when I did a Paleo-style Whole 30 diet, I noticed that I was having some tummy issues because of a lack of probiotics that I used to get all the time in yogurt. Maybe Scott could try kombucha tea, or probiotic supplements? Just an idea!

    ReplyDelete