Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Oh my gosh, it's June. I can hardly believe it! My baby girl turns one in 3.5 weeks!! Ahhh how is this possible? I've only written a handful of blogs in the past year. I'm sorry for that. I wish I was better at this, I really do. I may have told you this before that I used to blog in high school. I used to blog quite a bit. I was very honest too. I haven't been nearly as open about my feelings on here. I feel like I've gotten a lot more guarded over the years, which is probably a good thing. Although I read a lot of blogs that are honest and I love them. I love reading what people have to say, especially those who I don't live near anymore.

Well I guess I'll get right into it.

Life here in the Springs is really going well. Time sure does heal, I always forget that. Not that I don't miss my friends in Tampa, because I do, I ache for them. I ache for the closeness we had. I ache for the pregnancies I am missing. I ache for the kids I dont get to see grow up. I ache for the beach. I ache for a lot of that life. But God is good. I have a close friend here who I am watching grow by the day as her due date quickly approaches. I have lots of mommy friends whose kids Liv is now growing up with. We are leading a small group than God is working in. We have a church that is becoming family. I was just reading my friends blog and she mentioned the song Blessed be Your Name. You all probably know it "you give and take away, you give and take away my heart will choose to say, Lord Blessed be your name" well right now it's working in the opposite direction. He took away and now he's giving. It doesnt flow as nicely to music but it's the truth.

We have a life here now. Part of me wants to push it away because it means that I'm letting go of Tampa, but the only way to truly embrace this new chapter is to first admit that I'm at peace with being here. That I feel confident that God has a plan for us here. We don't totally know what that looks like, but that's ok. It's apart of the mystery of Christ. He leads, we follow.

Now that it feels like home here, you must all visit!! I know my way around the Springs quite well and Liv and I are great tour guides :) also I can't remember the last time I was bit by a mosquito!! That should be reason enough to visit this high altitude city!! :)

Be back soon....Fi

1 comment:

  1. thanks for your update Fiona, many greetings to the 3 of you :)))
    Manuela from Austria

    ReplyDelete