Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Much Needed Update

A few things have changed since my last update. Last blog I was 3 days away from starting college...once I had started I wrote a couple status updates about how it was going...but since then I haven't talked about school at all..that's because I am no longer in it.

After a week of classes I realized why I hadn't gone back for 5 years...I really really dislike school. But most of all, I think it really hit me how much time schooling was actually going to take up during the next 3.5 years and for me I didn't care enough about a degree to miss so much from Olivia's first few years of life. I am still very interested in hospitals and nursing and there's nothing to say I won't get a degree in the future, but for now there seems to be another option:

Becoming a CNA - certified nurses assistant. It is a month long course; classes are 5 hours a day, 4 days a week. So I can quickly get into the field, work for a while and evaluate if becoming an RN is really what I want to put a lot of time and effort into. Classes start this coming Monday (28th) and finish the 25th of March. I'll let you know how it goes :) But I won't believe it, till I have a certificate in hand ;)

Several people have been asking how classes have been going, and I didn't mean to keep you in the dark, I just couldn't update all of this in a status. It was a tough decision, but one we are glad I made. Scott has been so supportive all throughout the process.

We still haven't settled on a church. We did enjoy the one I mentioned last time, a lot, but wanted to visit a couple more. We think we are down to two that we are deciding between. We are praying that God will lead up to the one he wants us to be at.

Besides all of the above we are doing pretty well. Scott is still on the job search, but we are confident that God is faithful and shall provide at the right time.

Olivia is 2 days away from being 8 months old...8 months old!!! Not sure how that happened, but it's fun :) She's not crawling yet, just rolling if she wants to get somewhere when on the ground. She is now eating and enjoying pasta in sauce with chicken. She will pretty much eat anything, at anytime, from anyone. She loves food and lots of it.

Ok, now I must eat while she naps...
thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you, friend. I'm so excited to see what God does in your life and family. He has great plans for you all. Missing you and sweet Olivia!

    ReplyDelete