Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Spring has sprung just in time for summer!

If you are standing far away it looks like this:


But if you get up close it looks like this:


It's so beautiful! I can't wait for it all to bloom! I am so ready for flowers, it's been a drab long winter.

Change is occurring everywhere and it continues to permeate our home with delicious smells and healthy options. With every passing day I get more and more excited when I wake up to get my shake. They are delicious. I don't think Scott feels quite the same as me. I can down mine in about 5-6 minutes. It takes Scott about an hour to sip it down ;) love you babe, way to keep drinking them!

This morning my Bible study group met at Wade's cafe for a year end brunch. The options looked and sounded yummy but I was good and stuck with:


They were tasty! First time having eggs while on my detox. I hear there is a yummy omelet recipe to try, I'll have to do that on a night Scott isn't home because he's not an egg eater.

We had a wonderful last breakfast together:



Lunch was meatloaf leftovers, still spicy but it fed me so I won't complain anymore. :)

We are quickly running out of food, which is a good problem because this is the first time we are actually eating everything we buy. Side story. For the first few years of our marriage, whenever I went to the grocery store I always bought THE SAME items. Now the issue with this is that I bought items that I thought I was MEANT to buy and have in my fridge. Like: lettuce, tomatoes, potatoes, cheese, milk, juice, pasta, peppers, apples, bananas, ground beef ect. you get the idea. But I would sometimes not use them. So they'd go bad, and we'd end up wasting money every week on products that I thought were standard for your fridge. I am learning very quickly HOW AMAZING meal planning is!!! What a difference in our family it has made! Tonight while Scott was grilling our spiced chicken and veggies, he remarked "doesn't having a sit down dinner every night make life feel 'normal' and calm? not having to get to 6pm and try and decide what to make on a whim makes evenings so much more stress free" and it's the truth! Meals always used to be hurried and thrown together, which I know will be the case on some nights in the future. But for that not to be our standard is huge. We see our cultures eating less and less around the table and more on the go. As a family, we have decided we don't want that for our kids, and we don't want that for us. Both Scott and I remember evenings as kids sitting about the table joking and laughing with our families. For some reason in my family we would often talk about the past. My brothers and I would ask my parents to tell us funny stories about us as little kids or as them as kids/teens before getting married. They are fond memories. Memories we want our kids to have to, but we have to be intentional because I know once they get into elementary school and then high school their schedules and our schedules will be pulling every which way. Especially if Scott is a pastor in the future, he will have many demands that will pull him away at night. I do hope and pray that dinner around the table is something we can keep sacred and do as often as possible.


 Our meal tonight was yummy (once again way to spicy for us wimps) but super delicious! I can foresee lots and lots of grilled veggies in our future ;)

We knocked day 5 out of the park!

P.S I just have to share because it was so exciting for me. My clothes are quickly becoming loose on me, so today I bought an outfit at our local thrift store. And I'm so thrilled to announce that I dropped a size!!!!! I went from a 6 to a 4. I have been a 6 for about 6 years.....craaaaaaazy!!!!! Thank you detox, I am falling in love with this new way of eating. I feel SO GOOD! and my desire for items that normally make me feel sick is dwindling quickly!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Are you really feeling a change this quickly? You're making me very curious about trying this. :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete