Saturday, September 15, 2012

It's been a while

Months and months have passed since I wrote an update, and I'm not quite sure what is inspiring me today, but here I go :) Where we are at in life: I am 26 and a halfs weeks pregnant. Getting bigger by the day, which is always exciting but also limiting :) Today while I was trying on boots at JCPenny, I had to change my sitting position twice to be able to get the boots on! Liv is having a harder time finding a comfortable way to sit on my lap, but this isn't a problem too much, because she isn't the worlds longest snuggler by any means! She loves her hugs and kisses but loves her space too! Although! Liv LOVES company! As long as someone is in the room with her she's fine. Scott was at home with her yesterday and he needed to get some reading done, so he put Toy Story on for her. He left the living room for his study and no sooner had he left she was on his heels asking for him to come back! She didn't want to talk or play with him, she simply wanted him reading on the couch next to her as she watched her movie. Who would have thought our child would be an extravert? ;) Scott just completed his 3rd week of school. He is already bogged down in papers to write and books to read. He sometimes sees the light of day ;) but no, he really is amazing at juggling his time that we get to see him and all of his work always gets done! He is taking more than a full load this semester, 15 credits (which in seminary is ALOT, for every hour in class, they expect 3 hours out of the class..you do the math, and it's no joke!) Scott is also working 25hrs at our church, where he loves. Our church staff are amazing! We are blessed to be a part of our church! In the Spring, Scott will only be taking 10 credits (which will seem like a breeze for him), so that he'll have more time to be with the new baby, and to help out this mama ;) A quick bit on me. I spend most of my days trying to keep up with Olivia, while also finding time to grow my Mary Kay business. It can be a struggle sometimes balancing everyting that needs to be done on a day to day basis, but every day the sun rises and sets and we keep going! I try to have play dates every week! I have amazing friends who have kids that are the same ago as Liv, so we all get along great! I am still a very high I on the personality scale, so I need my people time to keep me going! At first I was very....well.....overwhelemd, to put it nicely, upon finding out we were pregnant again! We were both at peace about waiting till Scott was done with seminary before having any more and I had actually grown fond of the idea of only having Liv around for the first 4-5 years of her life :) She's such a little buddy! We had our routine and it worked well! I was getting back into acting and LOVING it, she was getting more independent by the day, life was easy! BUT as always ;) God had different plans! But boy are his plans better!!!!! Now I can hardly wait to have another little Custer in the house, Liv is totally inlove with her "bebe sista" and Scott knows he has no chance up against his 3 ladys ;) I LOVE our family of 3, it is comfortable and fun, but no longer complete! So bring on Dec. 17th!!!! I once again can hardly wait for labor and delivery!!!! It's the most exciting thing I've ever done! My plan is to try and go all natural, but learning my lesson from last time, it doesn't always go as planned! So we are open and ready for however God wants to bring this life into our arms! We only live 2 minutes from the hospital, so hopefully we can stay at home until the last minute :) Although Scott has made sure I know that we are NOT having an 'accidental' home birth ;) hehe Ok, that's all for now. My next post will be about the days surrounding the fire...some of you have heard it, and some of you have not. I need to journal it down, it's quite the story!

No comments:

Post a Comment